Resetting the router and restarting the router are two different things. Restarting the router means turning it off and turning it on. Reset means that the router configuration is backed up to the factory settings.
When you forget the password of the wireless network, you can reset the router. You only need to restore the router configuration to the factory settings, and then use the default information to enter the router web interface.
Reboot method of routers
Restarting the router means that you can recycle router power. You need to restart the router according to the following steps:
- Disconnect the router’s power supply and then connect to the power.
- The router will restart for 20 seconds.
- During reboot, the Internet connection will not be available. Before routers restart, you should first notify people who use routers.
How to reset your router
If you reset the router, the following information will be changed. Before resetting the router, you’d better confirm the following.
- The router IP address, the user name and password you set.
- Wifi password.
- Internet account number and password.
- All the custom settings you have in the router.
If you agree to these changes, you can start resetting the router.
- Find a special reset button usually located on the back or side of the router. Some are protruding, some are concave.
- Hold the reset button for 15 seconds with a toothpick or pencil.
- When the router lights are all lit up, it means that the reset router is successful.
If you are interested in router technology, you can look at other articles on our website. How to find router IP can help some beginners. The article teaches them the basic information of the router. If you forget the default IP of the router, you can check the router login page.