192.168.1.1 IP address is one of the most popular IP addresses of routers. It is used to enter the network interface, also known as the management panel. In addition to 192.168.l.l, there are many different IP addresses. For example, 10.0.0.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.2. These addresses are usually called host addresses.
192.168.1.1 network interface (management panel) and its meaning
Web interface is one of the most important things. You should know your router. The following are many settings that can be set. Most of them are responsible for the security of your network. The twenty-first century is the era of rapid development of IT technology, so there are many Internet hackers who want to steal your personal information and use it on selfish goals.
IP address 192.168.1.1 is also used in Lynksys routers, so let’s consider how to enter this IP in the web interface and configure some settings.
How to log in 192.168.l.l IP address?
Each Lynksys router has specialized web based management pages that you can use to change some settings and set up advanced configuration.
- You need to open your web browser (Google Chrome, opera, Internet browser). It doesn’t matter which browser you like, but never download the web browser from the third party website, because it’s very unsafe.
- Enter the IP of your router in your browser’s address bar. As mentioned above, the Lynksys router uses 192.168.1.1 as the default address and enters it.
If you don’t like the default IP, you can change it after entering the router management panel.
How to change the default IP?
- The default IP can be set with the router’s installation CD.
- Modify the default IP on the router’s management panel.
What to do if I forget the IP address?
People are usually very busy, so in some cases we forget important information. The changed IP address is not an exception. But don’t worry, you can find some ways here:
- To find your change address, you can look at the back of the router or your diary.
- You can press the reset button on the back of the router and hold it for about 10 seconds. The router will be reset at this time.
Notic:After the router has been reset, it will return to the factory default value. All settings will be cleared. The IP address of the router will be changed to “192.168.1.1” again, and the username and password will be changed to “admin”.
If you change the default information, please type the latest username and password. If you forget the login information of the router, you need to reset the router. You can find out how to reset the router in the above article.
All default router passwords, IP addresses and user names can be found in a specific list of our websites. The list is not only for Lynksys.